Wednesday, June 3, 2009

My First Book

"Goodnight Moon" was not my first book. The first I remember was something imprinted in my mind. I don't know what it is, but I assume it knows me.

I just downloaded my first book. I am listening to it right now. Does it count for reading if I listen to it? I am having trouble thinking it counts. I don't feel like I am reading. I don't feel like it is the same. It seems like cheating.

I mean, how can I be listening to how Ayelet wanted to live in Israel and then changed her mind and then her husband followed her to Cambridge...how can I listen and write at the same time and still understand what I am listening to? Is this allowed?

I am definitely cheating.

I don't really know when to press pause. I know I put a book down when I have something drawing me away from it (usually the computer). Uph - I just figure it out. Pete walked in. I can't engage in the book, a conversation with Pete and a conversation with myself at the same time.

3 comments:

  1. you crack me up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Audio books were definitely intended for the car or public transport. And even then, they're still hard to focus on. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the audio stuff in my car. I've conquered a lot of German that way. Usually peppered with English obcenities regarding fellow driver's habits. Although, my 2 year old does now master the radio (No Mommy, I don't LIKE this!) so I haven't listened to alot of it lately. ;-)

    ReplyDelete