Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Me and the Machine

What kind of woman takes apart a washing machine and replaces a broken Drive Motor Coupler?

This kind, that's who.

Today, I conquered the at home repair. I had a load of laundry that just wouldn't spin and I stared at the machine and stared at my hands and said, "We can do this."

And it's done.

With a little help from google and some input from my dad and a little muscle on a few "clips" from Pete and advice from Pete's dad on how to also change the valve that the washer hose is connected to (that Pete actually changed)...I did it. Me.

I can now return to happily watching my washer twirl and twirl until all the water is sucked out of the clothes. What a charmed life I live.

Sorry -- no pictures of me sweating on the floor, with wood chips stuck to my knees while trying to pry the clip back into position over the motor. And no pictures of me setting and resetting the "shell" (that's what they call the whole of the body of the machine - the white part) back onto the washer.

3 comments: